Petroleum Authority of Thailand
Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT) was established on December 29, 1978, concurrently in the period of the second world crisis of petroleum shortages. Thus, PTT commenced its primary mission in expediting to procure adequate oil for domestic consumption. That was such a drive for PTT to seek additional indigenous petroleum reservoirs for the benefit of the country. As a result, Thailand has been able to increase energy security while reducing.
PTT Public Company Limited
Following the privatization of the state enterprise "Petroleum Authority of Thailand", PTT Public Company Limited or "PTT" was registered on October 1, 2001 "under Corporatization Act B.E. 2542 (A.D. 1999). PTT inherited from its predecessor or business operations, rights, debts, liabilities, assets and personal.
PTT has an initial registered capital of Baht 20,000 million (10 Baht/share). Having the Ministry of Finance as the largest shareholder, the company was listed on.
From a National Energy Corporation To a multination energy corporation
Investment expansion to foster energy security and create uninterrupted economic Value-added.
Thai Premier Multinational Energy Company
- - The "Learning Institute for Everyone
- - PTT Started using Amazon Bio Cup
- - PTT and THAI Airway signed an agreement.
- - Technology of power generation from solar cell.
- - Setting up PTT MCC Biochem Co., Ltd.
- - Established Energy Solution Co., Ltd.
- - The first LNG Receiveing Terminal in Southeast Asia.
- - Hydropower Plant business of Xalyaburi Power Co., Ltd.
- - Won TQA Award.
- - Started selling LNG.
- - Established PTT Tank Terminal Co., Ltd.
- - Established PTT FLNG Co., Ltd.
- - Expanded overseas Investment of PTT Internation Co., Ltd.
- - Opened the first LNG plant in Southeast Asia.
- - Gaained the largest marketing share of lubrication oil products.
- - Expanded internation business in the Middle East.
- - Constructed the first LNG Jetty and Receiving Terminal.
- - The third gas pipeline system started up.
- - Engaging in Jet Jiffy business.
- - Won Thailand Quality Award.
- - "The 84 Tambons on a Path of Sufficiency Path"
- - Expanded petrochemical business.
- - The 5th Gas Separation Plant.
- - A new company: PTT Chemicals Plc.
- - PTT acquired shares of TPI Plc.
- - Established PTT Polymer Marketing Co., Ltd.
- - Established A Forest Ecosystem Learning Center.
- - Expanded petrochemical business Association.
- - Started selling NGV.
- - Open 7 Eleven Convenience Store.
- - Established the District Cooling System and Power Plant Co., Ltd.
1998 - 2002
- - The Yanada Natural Gas Pipeline Project.
- - Thailand's first international petroleum and petrochemical research and development institute.
- - PTT launched gasohol sale at service station.
1993 - 1997
- - PTT achieved the top position in the domestic oil market.
- - PTT operated a Gas Separation Plant Unit.
- - Natural Gas Sales Agreement governing the Yadana and Yentagun gas field in Myanmar were affixed.
- - PTT inaugurated a Gas Separation Plant Unit.
1988 - 1992
- - PTT took delivery of its one trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
- - PTT commissioned a Gas Seperation Plant, Unit2.
- - PTT pioneered the sale of "PTT Hi Octane Unleaded."
1983 - 1987
- - PTT's first gas separation plant.
- - established the National Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- - and PTT Exploration and Production Co., Ltd.
1978 - 1982
- - PTT played an important role in solving the second world oil crisis.
- - PTT began submarine gas pipline from the Erawan gas field.