Progress Against Plan
|Development of the PTT and PTT Group Anti-Corruption Policy
||PTT Group companies to comply with PTT Group management standard and mechanism aligned with PTT Group Anti-corruption Policy
||PTT Group companies organize for support and drive forth according to PTT Group Anti-Corruption Policy, such as communications on anti-corruption, disclosure of PTT’s conflicts of interests, formal grievance channels, and reports on ethics-related grievances
||PTT Group companies to publish a manual in good corporate governance and business ethics |
|Certification as a member of the Private Sector Collective Action Coalition against Corruption (CAC)
Recertification as a member of the Private Sector Collective Action Coalition against Corruption (CAC)
Recertified as a member of the Private Sector Collective Action Coalition against Corruption (CAC)
· Recertify as a member of Private Sector Collective Action Coalition against Corruption (CAC)
· To create a performance improvement plan, with regards to good corporate governance and anti-corruption, basing on the assessment results
· To recommend PTT Group companies to become certified of the Private Sector Collective Action Coalition against Corruption (CAC)
· To drive business partners to participate in the aforementioned project
Code of Conduct
Effective communication on good governance principles and business ethics results in increased employee understanding on CG and their ability to apply such principles into their work. Given this, PTT would be able to operate business ethically, under a strong governance structure, and reduce risks from violations of business ethics.
In 2015, Corporate Governance Committee assigned the corporate governance working group to communicate the corporate governance principles to employees through a variety of activities, for example:
- “Good Governance Knowledge” Course during employee orientation, consisting of a lecture and workshop for new employees to understand and apply CG principles in their work.“Good Governance Knowledge” Course during employee orientation, consisting of a lecture and workshop for new employees to understand and apply CG principles in their work.
- CG Day emphasizing on employees’ awareness with regards to the importance of good corporate governance principle through seminars, and the executive’s zero tolerance against corruption. This serves to aspire for contribution of noble force and the collective pledge to become a good, smart and socially responsible individual amongst directors, executives and employees.
- Integrity Forum provides the opportunity for seniors from multiple functions, such as The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Office of the national Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), to exchange perspectives and frameworks in contribution of noble force and transparency.
- CG Camp grants the opportunity for representatives from different functions to learn about good corporate governance and anti-corruption in details. This enables them to apply these principles professionally, and to advocate them to colleagues. It is part of PTT’s internal strengthening strategy, comprises Dhama talk on CG principles, workshops on the direction towards corporate honesty, plays by participants on corporate governance principles, and recreational activities embedded with knowledge in corporate governance.
Employee CG Understanding
Employee Satisfaction on CG Communication
Anti - corruption
All PTT employees can assume the role of a whistleblower in reporting suspicious activities, in order to build transparency, good governance and sustainability of the company. In 2014, PTT announced the Anti-corruption Policy across PTT and PTT Group, requiring all employees and management to acknowledge and uphold as a foundation in their work, and which was also communicated to all stakeholder groups. The Policy underwent a certification process as part of PTT’s membership application to the Private Sector Collective Action Coalition against Corruption (CAC), where the process included utilizing the Self-Evaluation Tool for Countering Bribery in order to assess the strength, completeness and effectiveness of the anti- corruption policy and measures. PTT was certified as a member of the CAC on 3 October 2014.
In 2015, PTT was assessed on the Anti-corruption Progress Indicator by the Securities and Exchange Commission and Thaipat Institute, awarded Level 5: “Extended,” which recognized PTT’s commitment in adhering to the Anti-corruption Policy, deploying the Policy to PTT Group companies, and encouraging business partners, consultants, business representatives, and suppliers in the value chain to adhere to the policy and commit to not engaging in any forms of corruption.
In 2016, Transparency International has evaluated PTT’s in regards to disclosure and transparency in comparison to other emerging market multinationals headquartered in 15 countries considering a range of information, such as anti-corruption projects, data disclosure. PTT was ranked 22 out of 100 most transparent multinationals in emerging market.
In 2017, PTT was awarded complimentary award of NACC Integrity Awards, which is the target award of PTT’s 3-year Aspiration under the Pride & Treasure of Thailand vision. PTT was awarded 2 awards of “State Enterprise with development towards excellence in driving operation’s integrity and transparency,” at Excellence Level. These comprise: Integrity Culture and Work Integrity. PTT also received Integrity & Transparency Assessment (ITA) in operations by Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) at a very high level for the 4th consecutive year.
PTT requests all employees to disclose a conflict of interest report annually and notify suspected conflicts of interest to their supervisors. If a conflict is found, supervisors would develop corrective action plans, for example, by defining temporary measures or rotating employees in order to reduce potential risks.